Monday 21 May 2007

As Dying, See we Live

I suspect this may be hard for some, but not for others. For me, it is another painting of reality, but also of beauty. After all I did to remember and to come to a new and liberating place, breast cancer felt a body blow in all the ways that can be interpreted.

I went through it because it was just a different form of all I have been through in the past. But oddly enough, I didn’t feel diminished. I wanted to show through this painting that though bits of us may not be quite what we want them to be, beauty is present. Both the kingfisher fabric and the kingfisher bird in the top left are a colour and a simile attributed to me by others over the years. They seemed right here.

4 comments:

Clare said...

WOW! So brave, but so powerful - well done you! xx

Clare said...

Wow! So brave, but so powerful. Well done you!

Picopage said...

A real woman, beautyfull and strong...

We all get older day by day, and a surgery is just another cut in our skin. There is way more than just a body in a human been.
And in this picture your soul glow....

Kisses

Mario

Unknown said...

Dear Elizabeth
Thank you for using pen and paper to reach me! This is a wonderful painting which fights back against adversity and conquers all. I will email you to gkgltd but not sure if that still works. If it bounces I will put my email address here.
Every good wish
Andy C